Thursday, July 30, 2009

Important Announcement: Bigger and Better Things

Ok, so here's the deal. I've enjoyed blogging a lot thus far for everyone. It's been a totally fun way for me to get my thoughts out there...and at the same time help me prepare for my career. But I also want to be able to somehow continue a sports radio show...or at least the closest thing to it.

So what a few colleagues and I have done is come up with a new website that offers both blogs and podcasts (radio shows essentially). It will be more fun to produce for us and it will be hopefully more enjoyable for you guys because now you can both listen and read! Why not, right? I'm really excited about this new site. It's still a work in progress. We are still trying to improve it aesthetically and add a little bit more flare. But thanks to a friend of one of my colleagues, we now have a legitimate website with all sorts of capabilities.

Me, Brady, and Chris will be all contributing to it. Brady went to Indiana with me and served on the same student radio station. He also currently interns with me at WGN Radio. And Chris went to Missouri and was the intern at WGN Radio before me and Brady. We all bring a different perspective to the site, so it should be a lot of fun to read and listen to. With 3 contributors, the site will be update most likely multiple times each day, so you don't have to wait around for me to think of something to write about like before haha.

We are currently working on our podcast format. Brady and I recorded a preliminary one last night in a sports radio show format and it went pretty well. We are trying to make it legitimate, so it could take a little time, but you all can expect a podcast up by the end of the weekend.

Once we figure out all of the production logistics as well as the podcast style, the site should feature multiple podcasts a week. So I hope you all like the new site. EFFECTIVE TODAY, THE DAILY SPORTS STEW WILL BE PUT ON HOLD.

The new site is called "The Neal and Brady Report." The URL is thenbr.com. Visit the site here. We're also on Facebook (just search The Neal and Brady Report) and Twitter (name: the_nbr).

Thanks for reading this blog, I hope you all head over to the new site to catch all of the NBR blogs and podcasts. It'll be a lot of fun and a great resume/experience builder for the 3 of us as we start our quest to get a job in the sports industry (yikes...). As always, let me know what you think! Thanks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment